Enhance operational efficiency with just in time access to RingCentral, ensuring robust cloud security, reduced risk, and improved user management.
Just-In-Time (JIT) access refers to an access control method where user permissions are granted only at the exact time they are needed. This strategy minimizes the risk of unauthorized access or insider threats, as users do not have permanent access rights. It's widely utilized in cloud computing and data security environments.
1. Enhanced Least Privilege Access: Integrating just in time access with RingCentral enables organizations to implement least privilege access effectively. It restricts unauthorized access to sensitive data by only granting the necessary access rights to individuals when needed, enhancing overall security.
2. Reduction in Insider Threats: Using just in time privilege escalation in RingCentral significantly reduces the risk of insider threats. It prevents users from gaining unnecessary or excessive privilege that could be potentially misused, protecting the organization's proprietary and confidential information.
3. Improved Operational Efficiency: Just in time access enhances operational efficiency by eliminating unnecessary permission-related bottlenecks. Users get the required access automatically and instantly in RingCentral, eliminating the delays of waiting for manual permission granting.
4. Easier Compliance Auditing: With just in time privilege escalation, it becomes easier for organizations using RingCentral to track and monitor the access history of users. This process simplifies auditing for compliance adherence as it provides a clear trail of who accessed what, when, and why, ensuring transparency and accountability.
1. Remote Working: Employees working remotely might require Just within time access to RingCentral to instantly join or host meetings, manage calls or access vital work documents stored in this unified communications platform.
2. Tech Support: IT staff might require just in time access to troubleshoot any issues employees are experiencing with communications or to integrate new tools and features to the RingCentral system.
3. Temporary Staff: Organizations using temporary or contract-based staff might grant just in time access for the duration of the person's contract, allowing them to fully participate in communication and collaboration, while also having the ability to revoke access at the end of the contract.
By applying this concise approach, a strong Just-in-Time Access framework can be successfully implemented for RingCentral.
Entitle provides self-serve access requests, flexible policy workflows, and automated provisioning, to restrict unneeded access across cloud infra and SaaS.
"I like Entitle because it’s one of those tools I can set up and forget about. I never have to go into it and it just works."
CISO and Global Head of IT,
RingCentral is a global provider of cloud-based business unified communications and collaboration solutions (UCC). These solutions include messaging, video meetings, and a digital customer engagement platform. They aim to streamline communication by providing efficient and flexible tools that can be used across various devices.
Entitle is how cloud-forward companies provide employees with temporary, granular and just-in-time access within their cloud infrastructure and SaaS applications. Entitle easily integrates with your stack, offering self-serve access requests, instant visibility into your cloud entitlements and making user access reviews a breeze.
Explore how you can manage employees' temporary AND birthright permissions, all from one place.