Unlock enhanced cloud security with Just In Time access to Azure. This robust feature reduces exposure to cyber threats and streamlines operations.
JIT (Just-In-Time) access refers to the process of granting digital permissions or credentials to a user exactly at the moment they need it for their work or tasks. This is usually implemented as a cybersecurity practice, minimizing the chances of unauthorized access or security breaches by reducing the amount of time that systems hold sensitive access. Additionally, upon the completion of the work, the access is then revoked, also reducing idle access which could lead to potential security risks.
1. Enhanced Least Privilege Access Just in time access helps in maintaining the principle of least privilege access by granting access rights to users only when they need it, and for a set duration. This significantly reduces the risk of unauthorized access or information misuse as users only have minimum permissions required to perform their duties.
2. Reduced Insider Threats and Human Errors Just in time privilege escalation reduces insider threats by restricting the window of opportunity for malicious insiders to perform harmful activities. By narrowing the scope of access and limiting permissions only to the time they're needed, potential human errors can also be mitigated.
3. Improved Operational Efficiency Just in time access in Azure can improve operational efficiency by automating the process of granting and revoking access permissions. This also leads to optimized resource utilization as only required services are allowed access, reducing wasteful allocation of resources.
4. Simplified Compliance Auditing The use of just in time the privilege escalation facilitates easier compliance auditing through Azure's Activity Log and Azure Monitor, which record all Just in Time VM access requests. This helps organizations to maintain an audit trail, making it easier to demonstrate compliance with various industry regulations.
1. Security Enhancements: Just in time access can be used to minimize the exposure of resources to potential malicious attacks by providing access to resources for a limited amount of time only when required.
2. Cost Efficiency: Companies can use just in time access to eliminate the need for keeping resources or applications available all the time, thus saving on operational costs.
3. Compliance: In regulated industries, just in time access can help maintain compliance by providing an audit trail of when and who had access to specific resources.
Entitle provides self-serve access requests, flexible policy workflows, and automated provisioning, to restrict unneeded access across cloud infra and SaaS.
"I like Entitle because it’s one of those tools I can set up and forget about. I never have to go into it and it just works."
CISO and Global Head of IT,
Azure is a cloud computing service created by Microsoft. It provides a range of cloud services, including those for computing, analytics, storage and networking. Users can pick and choose from these services to develop and scale new applications or run existing applications in the cloud.
Entitle is how cloud-forward companies provide employees with temporary, granular and just-in-time access within their cloud infrastructure and SaaS applications. Entitle easily integrates with your stack, offering self-serve access requests, instant visibility into your cloud entitlements and making user access reviews a breeze.
Explore how you can manage employees' temporary AND birthright permissions, all from one place.