Enhance operational efficiency with just in time access to DocuSign. Experience increased cybersecurity through controlled access and reduced risk.
Just-In-Time (JIT) access is a security feature where users are granted the necessary permissions to perform a specific task only at the exact time the access is needed. This principle reduces unnecessary standing permissions, thus mitigating the risk of a potential breach. When the task is completed, the system automatically revokes the permissions, ensuring users can only access systems and data when it's necessary.
1. Enhanced Least Privilege Access: Just in time access and privilege escalation help to enforce the practice of least privilege within DocuSign. This restricts access to only those digital assets that are necessary for a user to complete a task, preventing unauthorized access to sensitive information and reducing the risk of data breaches.
2. Minimized Insider Threats and Human Errors: These techniques can significantly reduce insider threats and human errors by limiting the time span and privileges of access. By granting the necessary access temporarily and then revoking it, opportunities for accidental or intentional misuse of data can be minimized.
3. Better Operational Efficiency: Just in time access can improve operational efficiency by reducing the need for repeated authorization requests. For instance, during a high-volume contract signing process in DocuSign, employees can be granted temporary elevated access to expedite the process, thereby saving time and improving productivity.
4. Easier Auditing for Compliance: Utilizing just in time access and privilege escalation can simplify compliance auditing. Short-term access logs can easily track and document who had access to what information and when, leading to more accurate and less complex audits, a crucial aspect of maintaining compliance within the highly-regulated financial, legal and healthcare industries that often use DocuSign.
1. Real Estate Transactions: Just in time access to DocuSign can be vital for real estate professionals who need to sign or have their clients sign essential documents, such as purchase agreements or leasing contracts, in a timely manner to ensure the deal goes through.
2. Business Contractual Agreements: Businesses can use just in time access to DocuSign to quickly and securely sign contracts, agreements or non-disclosure documents, thereby speeding up the process and mitigating the risk of losing potential business opportunities.
3. Employee Onboarding: Human resources departments can use just in time access to DocuSign to streamline the new employee onboarding process, allowing new hires to electronically sign necessary paperwork such as benefits enrollment forms, confidentiality agreements and job offer letters.
Entitle provides self-serve access requests, flexible policy workflows, and automated provisioning, to restrict unneeded access across cloud infra and SaaS.
"I like Entitle because it’s one of those tools I can set up and forget about. I never have to go into it and it just works."
CISO and Global Head of IT,
DocuSign is a cloud-based software platform that allows businesses and individuals to securely sign and manage documents electronically. It aims to expedite transactions by eliminating the need for physical paperwork, saving time and resources. Functioning globally, it enables comprehensive eSignature functionality, enabling users to sign documents on various devices securely.
Entitle is how cloud-forward companies provide employees with temporary, granular and just-in-time access within their cloud infrastructure and SaaS applications. Entitle easily integrates with your stack, offering self-serve access requests, instant visibility into your cloud entitlements and making user access reviews a breeze.
Explore how you can manage employees' temporary AND birthright permissions, all from one place.