Enhance your security operations with just-in-time access through Zendesk, using it as an integrated front-end interface or leveraging its ticketing system as triggers for effective access management.
JIT (Just-In-Time) access refers to the principle of granting permissions or access only when it is required and for just long enough to complete a task. It is often used in system administration and cybersecurity as a measure to minimize the risk of unauthorized access or security breaches. This approach reduces the potentially exposed surface area of access rights, making it more difficult for malicious users to gain access to sensitive information.
1. Structured Workflow Management: Delivers a well-defined, structured approach for JIT access requests, guaranteeing effective tracking and prompt resolution.
2. Enhanced Accountability and Traceability: Providing an extensive audit trail for access requests, vital for maintaining security standards and facilitating compliance audits.
3. Improved Security with Least Privilege Access: Adhering to the principle of least privilege, ensuring users are granted only the necessary access, significantly diminishing the risk of unauthorized access.
4. Real-time Communication and Collaboration: Fostering quick communication and collaboration, accelerating the process of access decision-making and ensuring alignment among all involved parties.
1. Customer Support: An e-commerce company can use just-in-time access to Zendesk for managing and responding to high volumes of customer inquiries through various channels such as email, phone, chat and social media.
2. Task Automation: A software development team can use just-in-time access to implement task automation, helping them streamline their workflows, making it possible for them to respond to glitches or queries as soon as they arise.
3. Employee Onboarding: HR teams can use just-in-time access during employee onboarding for sharing training materials, tracking employee progress, and managing communication between the new hires and the team, all in one place.
4. Least Privilege Access Within Zendesk: managing JIT access to permissions allows for dynamic control of privileged roles, ensuring that staff have timely access to the necessary tools and information for customer support.
Implementing Just-In-Time (JIT) access to cloud resources using Zendesk can significantly enhance your organization's security and operational efficiency. Learn how to use Zendesk as a versatile tool for managing access requests and as a trigger for managing access based on ticket statuses.
Step 1: Define Your Cloud Resources and Access Requirements
Step 2: Integrate with an Access Management Tool
Step 3: Set up Self-serve Requests and Approvals
Step 4: Automate Provisioning and Deprovisioning of Access
Step 5: Establish Audit Trails
Step 6: Testing and Feedback
Step 7: Documentation and Training
Step 8: Monitor and Iterate
Entitle provides self-serve access requests, flexible policy workflows, and automated provisioning, to restrict unneeded access across cloud infra and SaaS.
"I like Entitle because it’s one of those tools I can set up and forget about. I never have to go into it and it just works."
CISO and Global Head of IT,
Zendesk is a highly-renowned company that offers software as a service (SaaS), providing customer service and engagement products designed to improve customer relationships. It includes a suite of support, sales, and customer engagement software that assists businesses in dealing with customer interactions and streamlines processes. This includes customer support, customer self-service, live chat, call center, analytics, and more.
Entitle is how cloud-forward companies provide employees with temporary, granular and just-in-time access within their cloud infrastructure and SaaS applications. Entitle easily integrates with your stack, offering self-serve access requests, instant visibility into your cloud entitlements and making user access reviews a breeze.
Explore how you can manage employees' temporary AND birthright permissions, all from one place.