Secure your virtual meetings with just in time access to Zoom. Enhance operational efficiency and prevent unauthorized access.
Just-in-Time (JIT) access refers to an access control method where permissions are granted to users exactly when they need them and revoked as soon as the task is complete. The idea is to minimize the risk of unauthorized access or data breaches by limiting the window during which systems can be accessed. It is frequently used in cloud-based infrastructure and platforms for enhancing security practices.
1. Enhanced Least Privilege Access Just-in-Time (JIT) access in Zoom provides users with the minimum necessary access rights they require to perform their duties, thus reducing the risk associated with excessive or permanent privileges. This approach emphasizes the security principle of 'Least Privilege', only elevating access temporarily when required, aiding in minimizing unintentional or intentional misuse.
2. Minimized Insider Threats and Human ErrorsBy implementing JIT privilege escalation, Zoom is able to minimize the risk of insider threats. With JIT, access privileges are not permanently assigned but are elevated only when necessary, considerably reducing the opportunity for a malicious insider to either exploit access or make errors due to excessive permissions.
3. Improved Operational Efficiency Just-in-Time access facilitates operational efficiency by reducing the complexities of managing a large number of permission sets in active directory within Zoom. It enables automatic allocation and revocation of privileges based on specific tasks or roles, reducing administrative overheads and ensuring timely delivery of the necessary permissions.
4. Streamlined Compliance Audit Process Easier auditing for compliance is one of the key benefits of JIT access and privilege escalation in Zoom. With this approach, every temporary privilege escalation is documented and tracked, making it easy to demonstrate to auditors that access rights are managed effectively and in line with compliance requirements.
1. Business Meetings: A project manager may need just in time access to Zoom in order to quickly host a last-minute virtual meeting with team members, ensuring that any urgent issues or changes could be immediately discussed and understood.
2. Academic Lectures: Educational institutions could benefit from just in time access to Zoom to timely host virtual lectures or seminars, enabling students and educators to connect remotely without any delay.
3. Health Consultations: Healthcare organizations may use just in time access to Zoom to set up immediate virtual consultations or therapy sessions between doctors and patients to review health issues or treatment progress in real-time.
By following this structured approach, you'll effectively implement a robust Just-in-Time Access system for Zoom.
Entitle provides self-serve access requests, flexible policy workflows, and automated provisioning, to restrict unneeded access across cloud infra and SaaS.
"I like Entitle because it’s one of those tools I can set up and forget about. I never have to go into it and it just works."
CISO and Global Head of IT,
Zoom is an online video conferencing and meeting platform that allows individuals and companies to conduct virtual meetings, webinars, and collaborative sessions. The service offers features like screen sharing, recording, breakout rooms, and virtual backgrounds. It has become widely popular for professional and personal use especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, as it allows for remote work, learning, and social gatherings.
Entitle is how cloud-forward companies provide employees with temporary, granular and just-in-time access within their cloud infrastructure and SaaS applications. Entitle easily integrates with your stack, offering self-serve access requests, instant visibility into your cloud entitlements and making user access reviews a breeze.
Explore how you can manage employees' temporary AND birthright permissions, all from one place.