Secure and streamline your business operations with just in time access to AFAS. Enhance data protection, reduce costs, and improve efficiency.
Just-in-Time (JIT) access is a cybersecurity strategy that allows users to access resources or data only when they need it. This reduces the risk of unauthorized access or data breaches by limiting the exposure of security credentials. It is often utilized in privileged access management, where high-level permissions are granted temporarily for specific tasks and revoked immediately afterwards.
1. Enhanced Least Privilege Access Management: Just in time access and privilege escalation mean users will have only the necessary access at the right time, reducing over-privileged access. This strategy significantly strengthens user access control and enhances privilege management, ensuring adherence to the fundamental security principle of least privilege within AFAS environment.
2. Reduced Insider Threats and Security Risks: By applying just in time principles, organizations can minimize risk exposure associated with over-privileged accounts, thereby reducing insider threats. Temporary elevation of privileges when needed, and automatic revocation afterward, makes it far harder for malicious actors to exploit privileged accounts within AFAS ecosystem.
3. Improved Operational Efficiency: Just in time access and just in time privilege escalation can streamline role-based access control workflow in AFAS. As user access is provisioned and de-provisioned automatically based on the requirement, it reduces administrative overload, manual errors and improves operational efficiency.
4. Streamlined Compliance Auditing: Ephemeral privileges make compliance auditing easier, as user access and privileges within AFAS can be tracked real-time and mapped directly to specific requests. The JIT strategy allows organizations to produce exact evidence of who had access to sensitive information, when they accessed it, and why, assisting in regulatory compliance efforts.
1. Incident Response: In the event of a cybersecurity incident or potential breach, just-in-time admin access to AFAS can allow security personnel to quickly access necessary systems to detect, contain, and remove the threat without needing to maintain permanent admin access.
2. System Updates or Maintenance: For routine system maintenance or updates, temporary admin privileges can be granted on an as-needed basis to IT professionals. This aligns with the principle of least privilege, improving security by only providing access when necessary.
3. Onboarding/Offboarding Process: In the onboarding or offboarding process of employees, just in time admin access can be used by the HR team or managers to input or remove the necessary data, helping to keep the AFAS software up-to-date and secure by preventing unauthorized access.
Through careful adherence to this methodical approach, you can effectively implement a robust Just-in-Time Access system for AFAS.
Entitle provides self-serve access requests, flexible policy workflows, and automated provisioning, to restrict unneeded access across cloud infra and SaaS.
"I like Entitle because it’s one of those tools I can set up and forget about. I never have to go into it and it just works."
CISO and Global Head of IT,
AFAS is a Dutch software company that specializes in developing software for human resources and payroll administration, financial accounting, project administration, logistics, and customer relationship management. The company delivers these software solutions to a diverse range of industries including healthcare, educational, non-profit and commercial sectors. AFAS also provides training, consultancy, and customer support services.
Entitle is how cloud-forward companies provide employees with temporary, granular and just-in-time access within their cloud infrastructure and SaaS applications. Entitle easily integrates with your stack, offering self-serve access requests, instant visibility into your cloud entitlements and making user access reviews a breeze.
Explore how you can manage employees' temporary AND birthright permissions, all from one place.