Enhance cloud security and streamline operations with just in time access to Atlassian Administration. Assures control over privileged access.
Just-In-Time (JIT) access is a user access strategy in which permissions are given to users as they need them for specific tasks. The permissions are typically revoked once the task or session has been completed. This strategy is utilized to enhance cyber security and minimize the potential risk of data breaches.
1) Enhanced Least Privilege Access Control: By implementing just-in-time access and privilege escalation, administrators can ensure that users have only the minimum access necessary to perform their tasks, limiting the exposure of sensitive information. This reduces the risk of unauthorized access or accidental data leaks, ensuring tighter controls in line with Atlassian’s robust permission management features.
2) Reduced Insider Threats and Human Errors: Just-in-time access adds an extra layer of security, limiting the window of opportunity for malicious insiders. By assigning temporary access and elevated privileges only when necessary, it decreases the likelihood of user mistakes or misjudgment leading to potentially disastrous consequences like data breaches or system downtime.
3) Improved Operational Efficiency: With just-in-time privilege escalation, routine tasks can be automated, requiring administrative intervention only when necessary. This eliminates the need for constant manual oversight in environments like Jira and Confluence, freeing up valuable time and resources and allowing admins to focus on other critical tasks.
4) Simplified Compliance and Auditing: The temporary and conditional nature of just-in-time access in Atlassian Administration makes it easier to track user actions and permissions for auditing purposes. This approach supports better accountability and facilitates compliance with strict regulatory standards such as GDPR, Sarbanes-Oxley, and ISO 27001, ensuring the organization remains within the rules of regulatory bodies.
1. System Diagnosis and Repair: If technical issues arise within Atlassian's suite of tools, granting just-in-time access to Atlassian's administration allows for immediate troubleshooting and repair without the delay and risk of permanent, full-level privilege.
2. Onboarding & Offboarding Employees: In case of hiring a new employee or letting one go, just-in-time access could be granted to the Atlassian Administration team to assist in processing these changes immediately, ensuring the integrity of company data assets during transitions.
3. Project Setup: If an organization starts a new project and needs to set up corresponding teams, workflows, or permissions within Atlassian tools, temporary just-in-time access for administrative setup can streamline this process while maintaining robust access control to sensitive resources.
Following this structured approach, you'll be able to proficiently implement a robust Just-in-Time Access system for Atlassian Administration.
Entitle provides self-serve access requests, flexible policy workflows, and automated provisioning, to restrict unneeded access across cloud infra and SaaS.
"I like Entitle because it’s one of those tools I can set up and forget about. I never have to go into it and it just works."
CISO and Global Head of IT,
Atlassian Administration is a role within companies that use Atlassian Software tools, such as JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, and others to manage project workflows, improve team collaboration, and track issues. The role includes managing users, setting up projects, configuring workflows, and ensuring the reliability of the systems. The aim is to help teams work more efficiently and effectively using these tools.
Entitle is how cloud-forward companies provide employees with temporary, granular and just-in-time access within their cloud infrastructure and SaaS applications. Entitle easily integrates with your stack, offering self-serve access requests, instant visibility into your cloud entitlements and making user access reviews a breeze.
Explore how you can manage employees' temporary AND birthright permissions, all from one place.