Implementing just in time access to CGR Foundation improves cloud security, reduces risk, and optimizes operational efficiency in data management.
Just-In-Time (JIT) access is a cybersecurity approach that grants temporary access to resources only exactly when a user needs them. The access is then revoked immediately after the user completes the task requiring access. This method reduces the chances of unauthorized access, providing additional security for sensitive data or systems.
1. Enhanced Least Privilege Access: Just in time access bestows the principle of least privilege by temporarily granting user access and privileges only when they are needed. This prevents accumulation and overuse of privileged access, reducing the risk of unauthorized data access or manipulation in the CGR Foundation's sensitive resources.
2. Reduction in Insider Threats: Just in time privilege escalation significantly reduces the likelihood of insider threats, as user permissions can be escalated on an as-needed basis, thereby limiting unwanted access to privileged information. This assures CGR Foundation of a secure environment by minimizing the potential attack surface for internal users.
3. Increase in Operational Efficiency: The on-demand nature of just in time access fosters operational efficiency. Investments such as access provisioning processes are avoided as the need for permanent privileged access is eliminated, freeing up resources for more strategic tasks in the CGR Foundation.
4. Facilitated Auditing for Compliance: Implementing just in time privilege escalation makes it easier to audit and ensures compliance with the industry standards. It ensures that all transactions are recorded and traceable, making it simpler for CGR Foundation to identify who had access to what information and when, significantly easing the auditing process.
1. System Maintenance: In the event of necessary system updates or troubleshooting, just-in-time admin access allows IT staff to quickly access and make necessary changes to the system, while limiting prolonged access to sensitive information.
2. Incident Response: During cybersecurity incidents, just-in-time admin access provides an effective means to quickly grant access to incident response teams, enabling rapid response to potential threats and minimizing potential damage.
3. Audit and Compliance Tasks: Just-in-time admin access can be handy for internal or external audit teams who require temporary access to complete audit tasks, check compliance, adjust system configurations, or review system logs, thereby ensuring the secure and efficient execution of the audit.
Adhering to this systematic approach, you can effectively execute a robust Just-in-Time Access system for CGR Foundation.
Entitle provides self-serve access requests, flexible policy workflows, and automated provisioning, to restrict unneeded access across cloud infra and SaaS.
"I like Entitle because it’s one of those tools I can set up and forget about. I never have to go into it and it just works."
CISO and Global Head of IT,
The CGR Foundation is a non-profit organization that aims to provide support and resources for research and education in the areas of health and environmental sustainability. It was established with the vision to positively impact and improve human health and environmental conditions around the globe. Another key objective of the foundation is to encourage collaboration between researchers, practitioners, and educators.
Entitle is how cloud-forward companies provide employees with temporary, granular and just-in-time access within their cloud infrastructure and SaaS applications. Entitle easily integrates with your stack, offering self-serve access requests, instant visibility into your cloud entitlements and making user access reviews a breeze.
Explore how you can manage employees' temporary AND birthright permissions, all from one place.